ENTERTAINMENT NEWS CATEGORIES 

It’s terrifying and sad: Radhike Apte on scrutiny of OTT platforms

Streamers have been a new source of employment for the entertainment industry, says actor Radhika Apte, who believes the digital space is a medium that can thrive under the freedom of expression. Apte, whose series “Sacred Games”, “Ghoul” and films “Lust Stories” and “Raat Akeli Hai” have released on the streaming service Netflix, said it is “terrifying” that the over-the-top (OTT) platforms are facing government scrutiny. “I hope we understand that there has to be freedom of expression and people need to be far more tolerant about the fact that…

Read More
ENTERTAINMENT NEWS CATEGORIES 

Jamie Foxx to portray Mike Tyson in new limited series

Oscar winner Jamie Foxx will be essaying the role of boxing legend Mike Tyson in an upcoming limited series. Titled “Tyson”, the show will be directed by “Southpaw” director Antoine Fuqua, reported Variety. The series, which will span the whole of Tyson’s life, is not currently set up at a network or streaming service. Fuqua, known for movies such as “Training Day”, “The Equaliser” and “Olympus Has Fallen”, will executive produce the project alongside veteran filmmaker Martin Scorsese and Foxx. Colin Preston wrote the the pilot for “Tyson” and is…

Read More
ENTERTAINMENT NEWS CATEGORIES 

Dibakar Banerjee reunites with Ekta Kapoor for ‘LSD 2’

Filmmaker Dibakar Banerjee and producer Ekta Kapoor are teaming up again after over a decade for the sequel of their critically-acclaimed drama Love Sex Aur Dhokha . The 2010 film, which starred Nushrat Bharucha, Rajkummar Rao, Anshuman Jha, Neha Chauhan, Amit Sial, Herry Tangri and Ashish Sharma, featured three separate but interlinked stories about honour killing, an MMS scandal and sting operations. The film, that paved the way for unconventional storytelling in new age Indian cinema, clocked 11 years on Friday and the makers are hopeful to take the legacy…

Read More
ENTERTAINMENT NEWS CATEGORIES 

Ayushmann Khurrana wraps up shoot for ‘Anek’

Actor Ayushmann Khurrana has concluded shooting for his next feature film “Anek”. The action-thriller movie reunites Khurrana and filmmaker Anubhav Sinha after their 2019 critically-acclaimed feature “Article 15”. The 36-year-old actor took to Instagram on Friday evening to share the news alongside a series of photos from the sets of the film, including his last shot, a picture with the director and his core team. “It’s a wrap! #Anek is very very special. It’s full of surprises. An untouched subject. A very important new age cinema,” Khurrana captioned the post.…

Read More
ENTERTAINMENT NEWS CATEGORIES 

‘Avengers: Endgame’ was a monumental shift of superhero universe: Anthony Mackie

Marvel star Anthony Mackie says the goal of the cast and crew of “The Falcon and The Winter Soldier” was “not to make a bad show” following the massive success of the 2019 tentpole feature “Avengers: Endgame”. “The Falcon and The Winter Soldier” picks up after the events of “Endgame”, where superheroes Sam Wilson/Falcon (Mackie) and Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan) team up in a global adventure that tests their abilities and patience. Besides being a stellar example of fan service and record-breaking box office collections, “Endgame” also brought down…

Read More
ENTERTAINMENT NEWS CATEGORIES 

Akshay Kumar’s ‘Sooryavanshi’ to release globally in April

Bollywood star Akshay Kumar’s much-awaited actioner “Sooryavanshi”, directed by filmmaker Rohit Shetty, is set to open theatrically on April 30 worldwide, the makers announced Sunday. The cop-action-drama was originally scheduled for a release on March 24 last year, but was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic, which led to theatres shutdown across the country. Kumar took to Twitter to share the release date announcement video of the film. “We promised you all a cinematic experience and that’s what you will get. The wait is finally over! Aa Rahi Hai Police.…

Read More
ENTERTAINMENT NEWS CATEGORIES 

Lili Reinhart to lead Netflix movie ‘Plus/Minus’

Actor Lili Reinhart will topline Netflix’s upcoming feature film “Plus/Minus”. The movie will be directed by Wanuri Kahiu, who was behind the popular Kenyan romance “Rafiki”, Netflix said in a press release. April Prosser has penned the film’s screenplay. Reinhart, 24, will star as Natalie, whose life, on the eve of her college graduation, diverges into two parallel realities: one in which she becomes pregnant and must navigate motherhood as a young adult in her Texas hometown, the other in which she moves to L.A. to pursue her career. In…

Read More
ENTERTAINMENT NEWS CATEGORIES 

Alia Bhatt Is COVID-Negative And “Back To Work” After Isolating

Just a few days after Alia Bhatt’s boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor contracted the virus, the actress revealed that she tested negative for COVID-19 and that she was in self-isolation. On Thursday, the actress shared a statement on her Instagram story, in which she wrote: “I’ve been reading all your messages of concern and care. I have tested negative for COVID-19 and after isolating and speaking with my doctors, I am back to work from today. Thank you for all your good wishes. I am taking care and staying safe. You please…

Read More
ENTERTAINMENT NEWS CATEGORIES 

Fatima Sana Shaikh to star in Hindi remake of Tamil hit ‘Aruvi’

Actor Fatima Sana Shaikh has been roped in to play the lead role in the the Hindi adaptation of 2017 Tamil blockbuster movie Aruvi , the producers announced on Friday. Applause Entertainment has collaborated with Faith Films for the remake, which will be directed by E Niwas of Shool fame. The Tamil-language original, directed by Arun Prabu Purushothaman, starred Aditi Balan, who was seen in the recently released anthology Kutty Story . The story follows a girl born and brought up amidst the ever growing eco-social-consumeristic environment. She finds it…

Read More
ENTERTAINMENT NEWS CATEGORIES 

Taapsee Pannu breaks silence on I-T raids

 Breaking her silence on the IT department raids against her, actor Taapsee Pannu on Saturday put out three tweets on an alleged bungalow in Paris, the alleged receipt of Rs 5 crore and her memory of 2013 raid . On March 3, the Income Tax Department searched the homes and offices of Pannu and filmmaker Anurag Kashyap as well as his partners who launched the now shuttered production house Phantom Films. Pannu posted a three-point statement on Twitter and also took a jibe at Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman’s statement that…

Read More
Translate »