ENTERTAINMENT NEWS CATEGORIES 

David Dhawan helped me shape my career: choreographer Ganesh Acharya

Choreographer Ganesh Acharya on Thursday heaped praises on David Dhawan, saying his work with the filmmaker has been instrumental in pushing his career forward. The National Award-winning choreographer made his debut in Bollywood with “Annam” in 1992 and then designed dance moves for films like “Maidaan-E-Jung” and “Taaqat”. However, it was the choreography for the song “Husn Hai Suhana”, picturised on Govinda and Karisma Kapoor, from Dhawan’s “Coolie No 1” in 1995 that established Acharya’s position in the film industry. It also marked the beginning of his long-standing association with…

Read More
ENTERTAINMENT NEWS CATEGORIES 

Jason Statham to star in crime feature ‘Small Dark Look’

Hollywood star Jason Statham is being eyed for the lead role in upcoming crime drama “Small Dark Look”. According to Variety, the movie, which was earlier titled “Baby Cross”, will be helmed by Danish filmmaker Martin Zandvliet. The filmmaker, known for Oscar-nominated film “Land of Mine”, recently replaced William Oldroyd, who had been attached to direct two years ago when the project was first unveiled. Steven Knight, best known for creating acclaimed BBC series “Peaky Blinders”, has penned the script, which centres around Russian mafia in London. “Small Dark Look”,…

Read More
ENTERTAINMENT NEWS CATEGORIES 

Peter Dinklage to star in ‘Toxic Avenger’ reboot

“Game of Thrones” alum Peter Dinklage has found his next project in Legendary’s new “Toxic Avenger” film. The reboot will be a modern-day take on Troma Entertainment’s 1984 low-budget action comedy hit, “The Toxic Avenger”, reported Deadline. Macon Blair, who is on board to helm the project, is best known for his directorial debut “I Don’t Feel at Home in This World Anymore”, a Netflix film. “Toxic Avenger” will cover environmental themes and subvert the superhero genre in the vein of Deadpool. When a struggling everyman is pushed into a…

Read More
ENTERTAINMENT NEWS CATEGORIES 

‘Apne 2’ to release on Diwali 2021 in theatres, Karan Deol joins family for sequel

Actor Sunny Deol on Monday announced he is set to collaborate with his son, actor Karan Deol for the sequel of “Apne”, which will also feature his father, veteran star Dharmendra and actor-brother Bobby Deol. The film, which was officially announced by Dharmendra on Sunday, will have a Diwali 2021 theatrical release. Sunny shared the update on Twitter and said he is looking forward to working on the film. “With the blessings of Babaji and your love, all of us will be seen together, again. Feeling blessed to get a…

Read More
ENTERTAINMENT NEWS CATEGORIES 

Matthew Perry reveals engagement to girlfriend Molly Hurwitz

“Friends” alum Matthew Perry has announced his engagement to longtime girlfriend Molly Hurwitz. The 51-year-old actor made the revelation during a chat with People magazine. “I decided to get engaged. Luckily, I happened to be dating the greatest woman on the face of the planet at this time,” Perry said. Perry and 29-year-old Hurwitz started dating in 2018 and spent the 2019 holidays together. Hurwitz, who is a literary agent, confirmed their relationship earlier this year with a Valentine’s Day message, which also referenced to Perry’s debut on Instagram a…

Read More
ENTERTAINMENT NEWS CATEGORIES 

Anthony Mackie to star in and produce action thriller ‘The Ogun’

Marvel star Anthony Mackie has found his next project in “The Ogun”, an action thriller for Netflix. The actor, best known for playing Sam Wilson/ Falcon in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), will both feature in and produce the project. According to The Hollywood Reporter, stuntman-turned-scribe Madison Turner, whose credits include “The Dark Knight Rises”, is working on the script. “The Ogun” follows a man named Xavier Rhodes who brings his teenage daughter to Nigeria to find a cure for the rare genetic condition that he passed on to her.…

Read More
ENTERTAINMENT NEWS CATEGORIES 

Megan Suri joins ‘Never Have I Ever’ season 2

Actor Megan Suri, who appeared on the ABC family comedy “Fresh Off The Boat, will star in the second season of “Never Have I Ever”, a Netflix coming-of-age series. The show, created by Mindy Kaling and Lang Fisher, revolves around an academically competitive and hot-headed Indian American teenager Devi, played by Maitreyi Ramakrishnan, trying to catch the eye of the school heartthrob while secretly grieving the sudden death of her father. According to Deadline, Suri will play Aneesa, a new Indian student at Sherman Oaks High, whose confidence and radiance…

Read More
ENTERTAINMENT NEWS CATEGORIES 

Comedian Bharti Singh, husband get bail in drugs case

A Mumbai court on Monday granted bail to comedian Bharti Singh and her husband Harsh Limbhachiya, who were arrested after seizure of drugs from their house in Mumbai. The magistrates court granted bail to the couple on a bond of Rs 15,000 each. Singh was arrested on Saturday by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), while her husband was taken into custody on Sunday morning following seizure of ganja (cannabis) from their house in suburban Andheri. On Sunday, they were produced before the magistrate’s court which remanded them in judicial custody…

Read More
ENTERTAINMENT NEWS CATEGORIES 

Mel Gibson confirms ‘Lethal Weapon 5’ in the works with Richard Donner

Veteran actor Mel Gibson has confirmed that a fifth film in his blockbuster “Lethal Weapon” franchise is happening with filmmaker Richard Donner returning as director. During an appearance on “Good Morning America”, the 64-year-old actor said Donner is working on a new movie in the action franchise, which will see him and Danny Glover reprise their roles as LA detectives Martin Riggs and Roger Murtaugh, respectively. Asked if the movie is happening, Gison said: “Yeah! No absolutely.” “And the man who was behind all that the man who brought it…

Read More
ENTERTAINMENT NEWS CATEGORIES 

Jamie Foxx to star in and produce Amazon’s ‘The Burial’

Oscar winner Jamie Foxx is set to feature in and produce “The Burial”, an Amazon Studios drama revolving around the real-life legal battle over a funeral home chain during the 1990s. The series is based on Jonathan Harr’s 1999 article in the New Yorker magazine and will be adapted to screen by Pulitzer Prize winner Doug Wright, reported Deadline. After Ray Loewen, a bankrupt funeral home owner decides to sue Jeremiah O’Keefe, a rival businessman over a handshake deal gone wrong, the owner hires Willie Gary, a flamboyant attorney to…

Read More
Translate »